Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Draw a variety of forms including the human, animal, architectural and inanimate in an articulate and aesthetic manner.
- Create professional quality illustrations using a variety of traditional and digital media appropriate to the desired message conveyed.
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of the illustrations in both written and verbal formats.
- Work effectively within the digital workflow by cataloguing, archiving and creating backup strategies for images and prints.
- Create legal contracts, dockets and other business documents for each project.
- Colour calibrate, finish and distribute images in a resolution and format that meets the needs of the client.
- Develop a portfolio that demonstrates professional creative skills and abilities in illustration.
- Develop a business plan for the establishment and operation of an illustration services company that adheres to ethical and industry standards.
- Produce marketing plans and materials such as quality business cards, a website and other promotional materials for both a new and an established illustration services company.