Infant and Early Child Mental Health
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Assess symptoms of mental health to respond effectively to infants, children, and families.
- Design strategies to foster safe and healthy environments for infants, children, and families.
- Identify services, supports, and counselling to educate parents and caregivers.
- Design advocacy and educational initiatives to support ethical practice, care, and treatment based on jurisdictional principles.
- Collaborate on an interdisciplinary team to serve the mental health needs of the community.
- Design health promotion initiatives and programs to reduce stigma of infant, children, and family mental health and protect human rights.
- Analyze the importance of the social determinants of health for health policy, service delivery, and practice.