Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Assess symptoms of mental health to respond effectively to infants, children, and families.
- Design strategies to foster safe and healthy environments for infants, children, and families.
- Identify services, supports, and counselling to educate parents and caregivers.
- Design advocacy and educational initiatives to support ethical practice, care, and treatment based on jurisdictional principles.
- Collaborate on an interdisciplinary team to serve the mental health needs of the community.
- Design health promotion initiatives and programs to reduce stigma of infant, children, and family mental health and protect human rights.
- Analyze the importance of the social determinants of health for health policy, service delivery, and practice.