Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Build and effectively operate a home-based recording studio to produce professional quality recordings.
- Produce a professional three song Demo CD and discuss the distribution process through traditional and emerging Internet markets.
- Identify some of the key components of sales, marketing and merchandising plans appropriate for their music projects.
- Recognize how to copyright and protect their original artistic work including music and lyrics.
- Apply basic knowledge of the process and procedures of registering, owning and operating a successful small music business.
- Identify the components of effective funding applications and grant requests for public and private organizations in including FACTOR and other Arts Councils.
- Develop and implement a plan for a small or medium sized venue performance.
- Write a song working alone or in collaboration with other artists.
- Identify all and produce some components of a basic promotional package.
- Function adequately in interview and performance situations.