Honours Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to work in a specific vocational field related to a program offered by a College.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply this knowledge in theoretical situations.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply this knowledge in real situations.
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to analyze information from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills in academic and workplace settings.
- Select and apply current workplace technology as appropriate to a situation or problem.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge regarding those disciplines traditionally regarded as fundamental to a liberal arts education.
- Solve complex problems by employing various disciplinary and interdisciplinary ideas, tools and techniques in innovative and integrative ways.
- Access, analyze and synthesize information, both quantitative and qualitative, from primary and secondary sources.
- Critically analyze the forces that shape values, ideas and societal circumstances, and present them in an academically structured, sustained and well-supported argument.
- Communicate ideas by selecting the most suitable medium for the message, audience, and purpose, speaking or writing clearly, concisely, cohesively and correctly.
- Work effectively and cooperatively as a team member, using appropriate strategies and taking initiative.
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate a situation and make ethical and socially responsible decisions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of lifelong learning available through, for example, self-directed learning, team learning, web-based learning and career planning.