Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Outline the steps necessary to function effectively, efficiently, and professionally in a recording studio to maximize time and resources in the production of music.
- Participate in the production of a three-song Demo CD for distribution through traditional and emerging internet markets.
- Explain how to use both traditional and social media for personal career promotion.
- Explain the legal, regulatory, and publishing framework for commercial exploitation of original works of music and lyrics.
- Outline the processes and procedures for registering, owning, and operating a small music business.
- Identify the components of effective funding applications and grant requests for public and private organizations.
- Discuss the steps necessary in planning, organizing, and executing a performance tour.
- Write music or lyrics alone or in collaboration with other artists.
- Incorporate performance components of successful artists to improve personal live performances and interviews.
- Use private and group instruction to improve performance in an instrument of choice.
- Use group instruction to improve vocal performances.
- Assess potential opportunities for pursuing a professional career in the music industry.
- Select elements of commercially successful songs that can be incorporated into song writing and performances.