Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Outline the steps necessary to function effectively, efficiently, and professionally in a recording studio to maximize time and resources in the production of music.
- Participate in the production of a three-song Demo CD for distribution through traditional and emerging internet markets.
- Explain how to use both traditional and social media for personal career promotion.
- Explain the legal, regulatory, and publishing framework for commercial exploitation of original works of music and lyrics.
- Outline the processes and procedures for registering, owning, and operating a small music business.
- Identify the components of effective funding applications and grant requests for public and private organizations.
- Discuss the steps necessary in planning, organizing, and executing a performance tour.
- Write music or lyrics alone or in collaboration with other artists.
- Incorporate performance components of successful artists to improve personal live performances and interviews.
- Use private and group instruction to improve performance in an instrument of choice.
- Use group instruction to improve vocal performances.
- Assess potential opportunities for pursuing a professional career in the music industry.
- Select elements of commercially successful songs that can be incorporated into song writing and performances.