Journalism (Joint Seneca/York)
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Report on stories in an accurate, detailed, balanced, professional, and timely manner.
- Apply computer and technical skills to designated production and research functions in journalism.
- Function both independently and as a member of editorial and/or production teams.
- Analyze knowledge from communities, current events and public affairs, and history to interpret and express the context for designated journalism publications and/or productions.
- Develop strategies for personal and professional development.
- Comply with relevant Canadian legislation, standards, and the principles and practices of journalism.
- Write and edit content for the designated media platforms.
- Publish and/or broadcast content for the designated media platforms.
- Apply production skills and use production equipment in the preparation and distribution of content for the designated media platforms.