Large Animal Health and Production
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply advanced therapeutics to assist in the treatment, health maintenance, and pain management of food/large animals.
- Use laboratory sample collection and preparation techniques to assist veterinarians.
- Interpret diagnostic laboratory samples to assist veterinarians in the diagnosis of disease.
- Apply biosecurity strategies and measures in line with provincial, federal and international standards to increase personnel and animal safety.
- Create nutritional plans for a variety of food/large animal species to support the needs of animals as they develop through different life stages.
- Use controlled breeding techniques to support the production of food/large animals.
- Manage the health and tracking records of food/large animals to comply with provincial, federal, and international standards.
- Model ethical, legal and professional codes of conduct in food/large animal settings.