Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Complete all tasks in compliance with pertinent legislation, as well as policing standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Analyze all relevant information and make effective and legally defensible decisions in accordance with ethical and professional standards.
- Be accountable for one’s actions when carrying out all tasks.
- Develop and implement ongoing effective strategies for personal and professional development.
- Ensure the respect of human rights and freedoms in all interactions.
- Work co-operatively in multidisciplinary teams to achieve mutual goals.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of community policing strategies.
- Monitor, evaluate and document behaviours, situations and events accurately and discreetly in compliance with legal, professional, ethical and organizational requirements.
- Mitigate risks and maintain order by applying effective strategies in crisis, conflict and emergency situations.
- Take positive actions to help crime victims.
- Conduct investigations by collecting, documenting, preserving and presenting admissible evidence.