Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Complete all tasks in compliance with pertinent legislation, as well as policing standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Analyze all relevant information and make effective and legally defensible decisions in accordance with ethical and professional standards.
- Be accountable for one’s actions when carrying out all tasks.
- Develop and implement ongoing effective strategies for personal and professional development.
- Ensure the respect of human rights and freedoms in all interactions.
- Work co-operatively in multidisciplinary teams to achieve mutual goals.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of community policing strategies.
- Monitor, evaluate and document behaviours, situations and events accurately and discreetly in compliance with legal, professional, ethical and organizational requirements.
- Mitigate risks and maintain order by applying effective strategies in crisis, conflict and emergency situations.
- Take positive actions to help crime victims.
- Conduct investigations by collecting, documenting, preserving and presenting admissible evidence.