Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply scheduling, task coordination, and organizational skills to facilitate the completion of tasks and to meet deadlines in the legal environment.
- Establish and maintain data management systems to ensure organized electronic and paper records for the legal environment.
- Coordinate the organizing, processing, and responding to electronic and paper communications to facilitate the flow of information in the legal environment.
- Produce accurate financial records for the legal environment within a specified time frame by compiling information and using appropriate software.
- Produce accurate legal correspondence by a specified deadline using available computer technology as well as applying recording, editing, and language skills.
- Use effective interpersonal skills in the legal environment to assist the completion of individual and team tasks, to ensure effective customer service, and to promote the image of the organization.
- Troubleshoot and show initiative in the creation and production of accurate documentation for civil, corporate, real estate, family, and wills and estates law by a specified deadline using computer technology.
- Provide technical support and training related to computer software to others in the legal environment as required.
- Use the Internet and its tools in a legal environment to enhance communication and business opportunities.
- Demonstrate administrative skills to enhance the effective operation of the workplace.