Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply scheduling, task coordination, and organizational skills to facilitate the completion of tasks and to meet deadlines in the legal environment.
- Establish and maintain data management systems to ensure organized electronic and paper records for the legal environment.
- Coordinate the organizing, processing, and responding to electronic and paper communications to facilitate the flow of information in the legal environment.
- Produce accurate financial records for the legal environment within a specified time frame by compiling information and using appropriate software.
- Produce accurate legal correspondence by a specified deadline using available computer technology as well as applying recording, editing, and language skills.
- Use effective interpersonal skills in the legal environment to assist the completion of individual and team tasks, to ensure effective customer service, and to promote the image of the organization.
- Troubleshoot and show initiative in the creation and production of accurate documentation for civil, corporate, real estate, family, and wills and estates law by a specified deadline using computer technology.
- Provide technical support and training related to computer software to others in the legal environment as required.
- Use the Internet and its tools in a legal environment to enhance communication and business opportunities.
- Demonstrate administrative skills to enhance the effective operation of the workplace.