Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Acquire book and non-book materials using manual and automated procedures for bibliographic verification, vendor selection, order production, and fund management.
- Derive, edit and/or create catalogue records using AACR2, LCSH, and DDC using MARC coding in national bibliographic utilities, CO-ROM, and microcomputer based systems.
- Analyze information requests, select appropriate reference sources, develop search strategies, conduct searches and present results using print, on-line and CD-ROM formats.
- Maintain serials control and circulation systems in manual, microcomputer and minicomputer environments.
- Develop and prepare promotional materials, bibliographies, and reports using word-processing and (ultimately) desktop publishing facilities.
- Develop and implement simple database and indexing systems for special collections.