Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Complete all work in compliance with current legislation, standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Contribute to the application of quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Comply with current health and safety legislation, as well as organizational practices and procedures.
- Support sustainability best practices in workplaces.
- Use current and emerging technologies to support the implementation of mechanical and manufacturing projects.
- Troubleshoot and solve standard mechanical problems by applying mathematics and fundamentals of mechanics.
- Contribute to the interpretation and preparation of mechanical drawings and other related technical documents.
- Perform routine technical measurements accurately using appropriate instruments and equipment.
- Assist in manufacturing, assembling, maintaining and repairing mechanical components according to required specifications.
- Select, use and maintain machinery, tools and equipment for the installation, manufacturing and repair of basic mechanical components.