Office Administration - Health Services
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply scheduling, task coordination, and organizational skills to facilitate the completion of tasks and to meet deadlines in the medical environment.
- Establish and maintain data management systems to organize electronic and paper records for the medical environment.
- Coordinate the organizing, processing, and responding to electronic and paper communications to facilitate the flow of information in the medical environment.
- Produce accurate financial and billing records for the medical environment within a specified time frame by compiling information and using appropriate software.
- Produce accurate medical correspondence and reports by a specified deadline using available computer technology as well as by applying recording, editing, and language skills.
- Use effective interpersonal skills in the workplace to assist the completion of individual and team tasks and to promote the image of the organization.
- Troubleshoot and show initiative in the creation and production of accurate, organized medical documents within a specified time frame.
- Provide technical support and training related to computer software to others in the medical environment as required.
- Use the Internet and its tools in a medical environment to enhance communication and business opportunities.
- Demonstrate administrative skills to enhance the effective operation of the workplace.