Pre-Media (Media and Communications Fundamentals)
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Conceive, write, edit, and execute clearly targeted communication materials using industry standard technology.
- Apply analytical and creative problem solving skills to solve written and visual communication challenges.
- Develop, deliver, and coordinate a variety of presentations, utilizing effective and persuasive presentation skills.
- Apply creative techniques for both electronic and print media.
- Coordinate the production of, visually effective print, graphic, and electronic communications.
- Perform in a professional and ethical manner, maintaining professional relationships, and communicate effectively with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and others.
- Function as part of a team.
- Conduct and coordinate research to develop communication strategies to meet required information needs.
- Report, in a way appropriate to the medium, a wide range of stories in an accurate, detailed, balance, fair, and timely manner.