Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze the symptoms of various mental health disorders in order to respond effectively to individuals and families in crisis.
- Design appropriate responses to emergency mental health situations to mitigate crisis and create a safe environment.
- Determine the support and counselling needed to diffuse a crisis situation.
- Advocate for social change to reduce stigma around mental health.
- Collaborate on an interdisciplinary team to serve the mental health needs in the community.
- Design strategies and programs to promote healthy populations and protect human rights.
- Analyze the relationship between social determinants of health, health policy, and practice in community settings to inform services provided to individuals and communities.