Mental Health Intervention
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyze the symptoms of various mental health disorders in order to respond effectively to individuals and families in crisis.
- Design appropriate responses to emergency mental health situations to mitigate crisis and create a safe environment.
- Determine the support and counselling needed to diffuse a crisis situation.
- Advocate for social change to reduce stigma around mental health.
- Collaborate on an interdisciplinary team to serve the mental health needs in the community.
- Design strategies and programs to promote healthy populations and protect human rights.
- Analyze the relationship between social determinants of health, health policy, and practice in community settings to inform services provided to individuals and communities.