Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Monitor compliance with current legislation, standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Plan, co-ordinate, implement and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Monitor and encourage compliance with current health and safety legislation, as well as organizational practices and procedures.
- Develop and apply sustainability best practices in workplaces.
- Use current and emerging technologies to implement mechanical engineering projects.
- Analyze and solve complex mechanical problems by applying mathematics and fundamentals of mechanical engineering.
- Prepare, analyze, evaluate and modify mechanical engineering drawings and other related technical documents.
- Design and analyze mechanical components, processes and systems by applying fundamentals of mechanical engineering.
- Design, manufacture and maintain mechanical components according to required specifications.
- Establish and verify the specifications of materials, processes and operations for the design and production of mechanical components.
- Plan, implement and evaluate projects by applying project management principles.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- Apply business principles to design and engineering practices.