Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop a promotion mix for marketing a product or service based on an identified target market.
- Develop pricing strategies which take into account perceived value, competitive pressures, and corporate objectives.
- Develop strategies for the efficient distribution of products and services.
- Determine strategies for developing new products and services that are consistent with evolving market needs.
- Evaluate results of marketing activities using criteria related to budgeted sales, costs, and profits.
- Formulate a marketing plan including marketing objectives, marketing mix, strategies, budgetary considerations, and evaluation criteria.
- Communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately in oral, written, and graphic formats.
- Prepare and deliver a sales presentation.
- Evaluate the viability of marketing a product or service in an international market or markets.
- Conduct primary research on market conditions in order to determine existing and potential levels of activity for particular products and services.
- Apply human resource and leadership knowledge and skills to enhance performance with individuals and teams to contribute to the successful marketing function of an enterprise.
- Employ marketing management techniques in the planning, directing, and controlling of an enterprise.
- Develop personal professional development strategies and plans to enhance leadership, management skills, and marketing expertise.
- Develop strategies to establish working relationships with clients, customers, and consumers which maintain and strengthen their loyalty to his/her organization.
- Apply the principles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Prepare the marketing component of a business plan.