Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop a promotion mix for marketing a product or service based on an identified target market.
- Develop pricing strategies which take into account perceived value, competitive pressures, and corporate objectives.
- Develop strategies for the efficient distribution of products and services.
- Determine strategies for developing new products and services that are consistent with evolving market needs.
- Evaluate results of marketing activities using criteria related to budgeted sales, costs, and profits.
- Formulate a marketing plan including marketing objectives, marketing mix, strategies, budgetary considerations, and evaluation criteria.
- Communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately in oral, written, and graphic formats.
- Prepare and deliver a sales presentation.
- Evaluate the viability of marketing a product or service in an international market or markets.
- Conduct primary research on market conditions in order to determine existing and potential levels of activity for particular products and services.
- Apply human resource and leadership knowledge and skills to enhance performance with individuals and teams to contribute to the successful marketing function of an enterprise.
- Employ marketing management techniques in the planning, directing, and controlling of an enterprise.
- Develop personal professional development strategies and plans to enhance leadership, management skills, and marketing expertise.
- Develop strategies to establish working relationships with clients, customers, and consumers which maintain and strengthen their loyalty to his/her organization.
- Apply the principles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Prepare the marketing component of a business plan.