Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Integrate specialized knowledge of ophthalmic dispensing from the physical sciences, health sciences and business field to meet the eyewear needs of clients from all age groups.
- Utilize the problem-solving approach while fitting and dispensing spectacles, contact lenses and sub-normal vision aids.
- Practice at an independent level within the eye care team in accordance with the Ophthalmic Dispensing Act and Regulations and the Board of Ophthalmic Dispensers Policy Guidelines.
- Utilize knowledge of communication skills while interacting with clients.
- To understand the principles of small business management.