Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Articulate/analyze the issues currently facing Ontario’s public sector, particularly within municipal government;
- Apply principles, including those of risk management, and practices associated with prudent fiscal management, comptrollership, governance and accountability in the municipal and broader public sectors;
- Research and draft public policies and programs ensuring that any downside risks have been minimized;
- Contribute directly to the planning and administration of organizational resources and related systems, including those associated with financial, technology and human resource management;
- Use transferable and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, service provision, leadership, communication, ethics and team–building abilities;
- Effectively manage the performance of a municipal or other public sector program or service;
- Research, synthesize and write comprehensive program and services review reports;
- Solve problems by developing and assessing alternatives, devising effective solutions and evaluating results/outcomes;
- Prepare accurate accountability reports to public office holders;
- Manage stakeholder relations taking into consideration the political and economic environments, labour relations, media relations, etc.;
- Communicate effectively and appropriately given the audience and purpose including both written and verbal in a variety of situations.