Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees (Formerly: Pre-Health Science)
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Examine biological concepts, processes and systems of the human body, including genetics and epigenetics, as well as the structure, function and properties of the molecules of life, cells, tissues and organ systems in relation to homeostasis, physical development and health.
- Examine concepts, processes and systems of chemistry, including atomic and molecular structure; quantities in chemical reactions; solutions and solubility; acids and bases; as well as organic chemistry and biochemistry in relation to health and the human body.
- Solve numeric problems and interpret data related to health sciences and other science-related fields using mathematical concepts, including algebra and probability, along with descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Use health sciences and other science-related language and terminology appropriately to communicate clearly, concisely, and correctly in written, spoken, and visual forms.
- Prepare a personal strategy and plan for academic, career and professional development in the health sciences or other science-related fields.
- Investigate health sciences and science-related questions, problems and evidence using the scientific method.