Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Link projects with organization’s strategic plans, documenting the business needs and justifications for the project.
- Define and manage the overall scope of the project, documenting project goals, deliverables, constraints, performance criteria and resource requirements in consultation with project stakeholders.
- Implement the PMI project management knowledge areas, processes, lifecycle phases and the embodied concepts, tools and techniques in order to achieve success in Information Technology projects from project concept to closure.
- Plan and manage the scope, cost, timing, and quality of the project, at all times focusing on project success as defined by the project stakeholders.
- Implement project control procedures, resource management, change management, issue management, and risk management plans.
- Develop, implement, and analyze key financial information, translating financial information into project terms and establishing financial benchmarks.
- Identify, analyze, and refine project costs to produce a budget and control project costs.
- Determine quality requirements and implement quality assessment activities.
- Manage communications to ensure the timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage and disposition of project information to aid in the achievement of project activities.
- Identify potential risk events, monitor and control risk events and assess risk management outcomes.
- Identify procurement requirements, establish procurements processes, and implement and evaluate contracts.
- Monitor a project’s progress, identify variances and take timely action to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Anticipate and respond to challenges inherent in large-scale, multi-national or virtual team projects.
- Apply appropriate legal and ethical standards.
- Interact with team and stakeholders in a professional manner, respecting differences, to ensure a collaborative project management environment.
- Apply the appropriate system development life cycle and methodology to new software development and IT administration projects as well as integrating legacy systems into current environments.