Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Integrate ethical decision-making processes into all aspects of the accounting profession.
- Apply recognized accounting principles to the systematic recording of transactions relating to assets, liabilities, owners’ equity, revenue, and expenses.
- Prepare appropriate transactions relating to partnership and corporate business structures.
- Prepare accurate and relevant financial statements.
- Analyze financial and managerial accounting information to assist in decision-making.
- Formulate accurate and timely financial information using accounting software.
- Integrate accounting information necessary for effective management decisions.
- Compare, contrast, and select, from among various methods of product and service costing those appropriate to a financial situation.
- Prepare effective operating budgets.
- Utilize statistical techniques effectively in the analysis of financial information.
- Integrate computer technologies into various business situations.
- Calculate measures appropriate to a variety of financial management situations.
- Recommend appropriate information systems structures, planning, and usage in a business.
- Recognize potential legal implications within a business situation.
- Produce effective written managerial communications.
- Evaluate the economic concepts to be applied to a business situation.