Recreation and Leisure Services
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop, implement and evaluate inclusive recreation, leisure and wellness programs and events for individuals, groups and communities which respond to assessed needs, interests, abilities and that use available resources and incorporate best practices.
- Apply administrative and customer service skills to support the delivery of recreation, leisure and wellness programs, events and services.
- Analyze, develop and implement marketing strategies to reach diverse individuals, groups and communities for programs, events, services and facilities using current communication technologies.
- Contribute to the development of fiscally sustainable and responsible recreation, leisure and wellness programs, events and services using current and relevant principles and practices of business, finance and social entrepreneurship.
- Supervise, lead and support the development of staff and volunteers involved with recreation, leisure and wellness programs, events and services.
- Apply safety and accessibility practices to the efficient operation and administration of recreation and leisure facilities and settings.
- Promote the benefits and values of recreation, leisure and healthy active living and recommend inclusive programs, events and services to individuals and groups.
- Apply community development strategies which engage citizens and community partners while advocating for healthy communities.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development as a recreation and leisure services professional.