Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Create radio productions and audio content, in studio and on location, using relevant broadcasting equipment and related industry technologies.
- Deliver, support and promote radio broadcast content via multiple platforms using a variety of media.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of programming content for a variety of radio formats.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of radio broadcasts using appropriate relevant resources, tools and equipment which meet current industry standards.
- Assist in promoting the station’s brand and generating revenues through a variety of marketing and advertising sales activities.
- Plan and prepare interviews, scripts and reporting content for use in radio broadcasts.
- Use business skills and accepted industry practices in the completion of tasks and projects.
- Keep current with the needs of the broadcast industry using strategies that enhance work performance and guide professional development.
- Perform all work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations, legislation, industry standards and company policies.
- Present live programming on air to relay various types of information and stories in different formats.