Broadcasting - Television
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Operate industry standard production equipment, in studio and on location, to create television, video and/or web content for multiple platforms.
- Deliver television, video and digital or web content via multiple platforms in formats that meet current broadcast industry standards.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of television, mobile and/or Web productions that meet industry standards and regulations.
- Monitor and maintain the technical quality of productions during recording and broadcasts using resources, equipment and protocols which meet with industry standards.
- Participate in marketing activities to promote independent productions and/or a station’s brand and products.
- Plan and prepare interviews, scripts and reporting content for use in television, video or digital media productions.
- Use business skills and accepted industry practices in the creation of television, video and/or web productions.
- Keep current with the needs of the television and digital media broadcast industry using strategies that enhance work performance and guide professional development.
- Conduct work safely in accordance with all applicable acts, regulations, legislation, and codes to ensure personal and public safety.
- Use a variety of post-production skills and techniques to enhance and complete television, digital, web and/or video productions.