Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Design a corporate ecological vision and mission statement that demonstrates corporate social responsibility for a future or existing business and draws on the historical development of the sustainable movement.
- Develop sustainable business practices for a future or existing business based on research of current sustainable business examples and best practices.
- Develop criteria for a ‘Sustainable Business Report Card’ for local businesses that includes recommendations and implementation strategies to reduce a company's ecological footprint.
- Utilize sustainable resource management theories and strategies to green the supply chain.
- Create, analyze, and implement a personal and corporate energy audit that demonstrates a reduction in operational costs and a sustainable personal and corporate image.
- Create sustainable business ideas capitalizing on current sustainable business opportunities discovered through environmental scans, research and analysis of local and global marketplace trends.
- Write a formal business plan, including a detailed marketing, operational and financial plan for a sustainable business opportunity that uses a current business model (e.g. Triple Bottom Line).
- Construct a marketing plan for a local company that highlights its market and differential advantage through corporate social responsibility strategies.
- Justify decisions, plans and concepts using ethical principles, appeals to corporate social responsibility.
- Create recommendations for additional sustainable business practice strategies based on an evaluation of a multi-national corporation's green business practices.
- Identify and manage key data associated with environmental sustainability.