Social Service Worker - Gerontology (Accelerated)
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify needs, strengths and resources of older adults to assist them in setting goals that promote their optimal functioning, well being, and quality of life.
- Plan, implement and evaluate services and programs in response to identified needs and goals of older adults.
- Function effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary and interagency team, in the development and provision of relevant services and programs for older adults.
- Record information accurately and communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats, in adherence to privacy, and freedom of information legislation.
- Establish and maintain helping relationships which adhere to professional, legal and ethical standards aligned to social service work.
- Recognize diverse needs and experiences of individuals, groups, families, and communities, to promote accessible and responsive programs and services.
- Develop strategies and plans that lead to the promotion of self care, improved job performance, and enhanced work relationships.
- Work in communities to advocate for change strategies that promote social and economic justice and challenge patterns of oppression and discrimination.