Social Service Worker (Accelerated)
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop and maintain professional relationships which adhere to professional, legal, and ethical standards aligned to social service work.
- Identify strengths, resources, and challenges of individuals, families, groups, and communities to assist them in achieving their goals.
- Recognize diverse needs and experiences of individuals, groups, families, and communities to promote accessible and responsive programs and services.
- Identify current social policy, relevant legislation, and political, social, and/or economic systems and their impacts on service delivery.
- Advocate for appropriate access to resources to assist individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and community partners.
- Develop strategies and plans that lead to the promotion of self-care, improved job performance, and enhanced work relationships.
- Integrate social group work and group facilitation skills across a wide range of environments, supporting growth and development of individuals, families, and communities.
- Work in communities to advocate for change strategies that promote social and economic justice and challenge patterns of oppression and discrimination.