Visual Effects for Film and Television
Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Execute creative concepts and ideas through a variety and combination of techniques including hand drawn, computer generated, 2D and 3D storyboards and animatics.
- Create sophisticated models for the entertainment, medical, and architectural industries.
- Create 3D characters and creatures ranging from life-like and anatomically correct, to cartoon and anime styles.
- Combine texture mapping, shaders, lighting environments, animating cameras and ‘rigs’ for 3D models and characters in animation sequences.
- Synthesize a wide variety of digital effects in the creation of environment and creature materials and textures.
- Apply 3D techniques that demonstrate characters with realistic motion and a full range of emotion in animated characters.
- Incorporate 3D animated characters with composited backgrounds utilizing special effects.
- Utilize a variety of digital applications including video and audio editing software and technologies.
- Integrate sophisticated technologies into 3D animated films, videos and games.