Program Learning Outcomes
This Seneca program has been validated by the Credential Validation Service as an Ontario College Credential as required by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Display coordinated merchandise with effective styling techniques to promote sales.
- Explain the creation of ideas and the process for executing them, visually, verbally and in writing.
- Apply sound practices in financial decision making to optimize visual display budgets.
- Design and build props and backgrounds using a wide variety of materials to enhance displays.
- Create promotional displays using design principles, colour theories and light to enhance retail sales.
- Document design concepts, processes and results for individual and group presentation.
- Utilize art history and contextual influences to incorporate themes and trends into contemporary displays.
- Differentiate retail markets to recommend merchandising strategies within the store environment.
- Develop a career strategy with marketing collateral in order to promote oneself within industry.
- Apply a reflective design process that incorporates research and analysis to resolve design problems.