Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
Seneca receives notices from organizations who wish to advertise their scholarships and awards to Seneca students. We post those awards here. These organizations are not affiliated with Seneca, we do not endorse any of these awards and recommend that you do your due diligence before apply for these awards or giving information to a third party.
Job-Applications.ca Working Parent College Scholarship Program (Next Award: December 2018)
Eligibility: The Working Parent College Scholarship Program is open to any person who:
- Is a full or part-time student who is in an accredited Canadian post-secondary educational institution (including, but not limited to, college, university or trade school, or similarly accredited program) with a current cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at that institution; and
- Has worked an average of at least twelve (12) hours for each of the previous four (4) weeks at the time of applying; and
- Is a residential parent of at least one minor child; and
- Is a legal resident of Canada; and
- Is currently enrolled and furthering his or her education at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution or program; and
- Is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of applying; and
- Completes and submits the official Application form within the relevant periods for the periodic scholarships to be awarded.
Requirements: 600 to 1000 word essay: Discuss your experience as a parent working your way through school and explain three pieces of advice you would give to someone in a similar situation.
Deadline: December 8, 2018. Award(s) will be decided by December 14, 2018.
2018 Sarah Gaulin Memorial Scholarship
The Gaulin Foundation is pleased to announce that it is once again accepting applications for the Sarah Gaulin Memorial Scholarship – a national scholarship that promotes the resilience of individuals with mental illness pursuing post-secondary education.
In order to apply, students must be registered in a post-secondary institution and provide documented proof of their mental illness. Scholarships will be awarded to outstanding applicants who meet the criteria of the program.
Deadline: April 1, 2018
Award: The $1,000 scholarships are being offered in honour of Sarah Gaulin, who died at the age of 26 after a longtime battle with mental illness.
2018 Pro Stock Hockey Student Athlete Scholarship
- Undergraduate or graduate students must attend an accredited college or university and play for the school's hockey team (club teams included).
Deadline: August 1, 2018. The winner will be announced on August 15th.
Award: The winning student will receive $1,000 to be used toward his or her degree. In addition, we will award $250 book scholarships to the two runners-up.
2018 Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada Scholarship Program
Consolidated Credit is proud to be offering a 2018 Scholarship Program to help students struggling with debt! This is a great opportunity for students to pay off some of their student loan debt and cover the costs of higher education like tuition and books.
Deadline: April 9th, 2018 5 PM EST. The scholarship recipient will be announced on April 12th, 2018 through our blog as well as on our social media.
Award: The 2018 Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada Scholarship Program will award $1000 to the student with the best essay.
The MightyGoods Writing Scholarship Award
Every year in October, we award $500 to the student who submit the very best review of a bag they use for adventure, travel or maybe just for everyday life and school.
Deadline: September 30, 2018
Award: up to $500
Second Chance Scholarship Foundation Inc.
Second Chance Scholarship Foundation Inc. is an organization devoted to providing assistance to youth who have come in conflict with the law or are disadvantaged youth at-risk for such and who show strong potential and motivation for completing post-secondary school education.
Criteria: Completed Application Form
2017 Senior Care Scholarship
A Place for Mom is proud to offer our annual $1,000 scholarship to university students interested in the fields of aging and gerontology. As the North America's largest senior living referral service, we know the importance of supporting the training and education of our future senior care leaders.
This scholarship will be awarded to a citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) who is enrolled and currently taking classes at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec), and will grant selected applicants a $1000 financial donation for their compelling essays on life lessons learned from a senior.
Award: $1000 awarded to five individuals.
Confident Writers Scholarship Essay Contest
Confidentwriters.com is an academic writing service employing professional essay writers in different fields of study able to complete an assignment on any topic.
- Must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Microsoft Word attachment (not in body of email)
- Eligible students must submit a written essay on one of five topics listed on the website
- Essay must be between 500-700 words.
Deadline: March 18, 2018
- 1st Prize – $700 scholarship
- 2nd Prize – $500 scholarship
- 3rd Prize – $300 scholarship
Mold Busters Scholarship
Mold Busters is an Ottawa-based mold removal company launching a biannual writing contest for Canadian college and university students in order to raise awareness about poor indoor air quality (IAQ) and its effects on human health
- Must be a Canadian student enrolled in college or university
- Essay covering one of the topics listed online.
- Must be in English
- Must be 1000+ words
- Winter: December 21, 2017
- Summer: April 21, 2018
EDC International Business Scholarship
Through the Youth Education Program, EDC helps build the capacity of the next generation of business leaders by awarding scholarships to Canadian students with a demonstrated interest in international business.
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Enrolled in a full-time accredited bachelor's degree at a Canadian university or college.
- Studying business (international business, commerce, finance, economics, accounting, etc.) or business combined with environmental or sustainability courses.
- Returning to full-time studies for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- In excellent academic standing
- Complete the online application via EDC's Careers Portal (Select "EDC International Business Scholarships 2018-2019")
Deadline: February 9, 2018
Solid Essay Scholarship Essay Contest
Solidessay.com is a college essay writing company that was founded after realizing that many students suffer out of lack of a solution in terms of coursework and we decided to be that solution.
- Essay must be in English, and have 600-800 words
- Must choose one of the five topics
- Must be delivered via email to email@example.com as a Microsoft Word or Google Docs attachment
Deadline: May 17, 2018
- 1st Place Scholarship: $1000
- 2nd Place Scholarship: $700
- 3rd Place Scholarship: $500
S3 Fellowship Award
- Enrolled in a College or University during academic year following deadline date
- Must be a full-time student
- Must be pursuing a degree in art, design or a related field
- Must be enrolled in a College or University in the U.S. and Canada
- Complete Application form
- One-two page essay on 'Your Most Significant Art or Craft Project'
Deadline: April 1, 2018
Flowers In The Box Scholarship
At Flowers In The Box, we believe in creating a sustainable business that is empowering local communities and promoting environmental protection. We enjoy being involved in our community and helping people achieve their own happiness. This is why we are committed to making a huge difference for students who are pursuing higher education in Canada.
- Enrolled in a College or University or planning to attend within next 12 months
- Have a Cumulative GPA of 3.0+
- Demonstrate community service or having involvement in the local community
- 1,000 word essay stating how this can benefit you and your educational plans
- Include community involvement in your essay
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with required documents.
Deadline: May 16, 2018
ShiftIdeas' Annual Women in Digital Marketing Scholarship
- Must be enrolled full-time
- Be 18 years or older
- Be Legal residents of the 50 United States and ten provinces of Canada
- Create a 30-60 second video explain interest in digital marketing
- Upload your video on YouTube or Vimeo
- Apply online or directly to email@example.com
Deadline: March 1, 2018
ShoesTracker's mission is to help people improve their overall foot health and to have strong feet. We aim to provide information and support to individuals struggling with foot pain as well as the means to improve overall foot health.
You Must be a student in High School, College, or University
- Essay must be in English
- Essay must be Between 500-2000 words long
- For essay requirements see website
- Submit online application form
- Send your essay in a pdf or word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: September 9, 2018
Award: $2000 U.S. Dollars
A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
We are one of the biggest U.S. based auto shippers. We provide worldwide shipping and have offices, storage facilities available in most of the main cities and metro areas throughout the U.S and overseas
- Full-time, Part-time student of an accredited institute
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Write an Essay/article about a topic related to the website
- Essay must be at least 1000 words
- Submit online application form
- Email your essay to email@example.com
Deadline: March 10, 2018
Awards: $1000, $500 and $250
Asis Security Studies Scholarship
The American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) International Toronto Chapter 193 is an organization dedicated to promoting best practices within the security industry. Security education has been identified as an integral part in achieving best practices within the security industry as security practitioners are required to perform to the high standards of today's security environment.
- Full-time, Part-time student pursuing a diploma bachelor or master's degree in security studies at an accredited institution.
- Student must have completed at least one year of credits (or what would constitute one year) of a security studies program and maintained a minimum 75% average.
- Completed application form (online)
- A letter of recommendation from faculty member
- Written 250 word letter about career aspirations
- Written 500-1000 Word Essay about a topic of choice related to security subject matter
- Official post-secondary transcript
Deadline: September 30, 2018
Award: $1000 and a potential $500
Lyle Makosky Values and Ethics in Sport Fund
This fund was established in 2014 by Lyle Makosky to support the work of the True Sport Foundation and the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. The fund's capital is held and invested by the Community Foundation of Ottawa and a portion of the annual earnings are provided to the True Sport Foundation to support financial awards in the area of values and ethics in sport.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must be active in Canadian sport; as an athlete, practitioner (coach, official, and administrator) or educator (teacher, university or college faculty, etc.)
- If an athlete, must be engaged in post-secondary education.
- Outline the design, structure and methodology of the study approach to be undertaken, the focus of the study and in what form the results will be presented to the True Sport Foundation (See application for more defined details)
- Include up to three reasons why you feel you deserve support from the Lyle Makosky Values and Ethics in Sport Fund.
- Include two letters of reference.
- Explain how the financial award will be used.
- Include a PDF copy of your academic transcript.
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Naked Nutrition Scholarship Program
We shortened the steps between our farms and you, making the best protein powder and supplements from natural ingredients.
- Be accepted or enrolled at a college or university
- Exhibit notable achievements
- At least one year of academic excellence
- A statement summarizing the need for this scholarship and your plans for pursuing a career. In addition, include any notable achievements. Limit to 500 words.
- High school or college transcripts for the last year only.
- At least 1 letter of recommendation covering personal character. Ideally these letters should come from a professor, manager or coach
- Submit items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: August 1, 2018
Award: up to $1500
Top10bestbudget Annual Scholarship Award For 2018
Designed to help the talented and creative minds achieve their goals.
Here is a brief list of the requirements:
- The student must be pursuing any course in college or university.
- Proof of enrollment of a student.
- The student has to write 600-1000 words article on the following topic.
- A topic is "How to use Facebook as a marketing tool" 'which includes strategies, advantage, disadvantage, tips.
Deadline: December 31, 2018.