Scholarships and Bursaries
The application for the Tuition Assistance Bursary is now open for those who have not yet applied. The deadline to apply is February 15, 2019.
Applications for the Renewable Degree Scholarships are open until February 15, 2019, this is for only for students who were not full-time in the Fall 2018 term.
Leadership Awards will open January 8, 2019. Please note that a reference is required for these awards. On the application there is a space to enter the email address of your reference, do not enter your email address. Please visit the Leadership award website for more details.
The Indigenous Student Bursary, First Generation Bursary and Metis Nation of Ontario Bursary are now open
Heather Sako Memorial Bursary Application
Awarded to one full-time student enrolled in the English Language Institute. Eligible applicants must be in good academic standing and demonstrate financial need.
- you must be enrolled full-time in the English Language Institute at Seneca College for the current 2018-2019 academic year of study
- you must have a financial need that exceeds the value of the bursary
- you must complete the financial needs eligibility requirement
To Apply: Complete the application and return it to the financial aid office or the English Language Institute Office by February 9, 2019.
Deadline: February 9, 2019
Métis Nation of Ontario Bursaries & Scholarships Program
Métis students can apply for the Métis Student Bursary Program (MSBP) at the Financial Aid Office at the participating college or university. Bursary applications are available to students following registration in the fall. Bursary recipients are announced in the winter. Students may reapply for bursaries and/or scholarships each year when they register for school. The amount of bursaries will vary depending on the accumulation of interest each year.
The MNO strives to expand and enhance the program to create more opportunities for Métis students in post-secondary education.
- Deadline: January 31, 2019
- To apply: Please complete and submit the MNO Bursary Application and MNO Release Document to the Financial Aid Office by January 31, 2019. We need both to forward your application onto the Metis Nation of Ontario.
How to Apply
For all awards
- Go to my.senecacollege.ca (log in required)
- Go to College Services, click on Student Centre (log in required)
- Go to Finances, Click on Apply for Financial Aid
- Select Academic Year: 2018
- Fill out all required information
- Select terms of study (FALL and/or WINTER and/or SUMMER) complete the budget.
- Click Submit – Please note once you click submit you cannot make changes. Please ensure you have your budget information before you start this section.
- Select awards from the list of Eligible Awards
- A number of questions will appear, these are linked to the awards you have selected. If the question is not applicable to you please type N/A or unselect the award. There is a 500 character limit (not word limit) on the questions. You can copy the questions and come back to the application when you are ready, as long as it is before the application deadline. If you wish you can write the answers in a word document then copy and paste them onto the application. This will help ensure you have the right number of characters and will enable you to check your grammar and spelling.
- Click Submit when you have answered all the questions. Please note once you click submit you cannot make any changes.
- Track the status of your application under the View My Student Awards (link is found below Apply for Financial Aid)