Scholarships and Bursaries
The Summer Tuition Assistance Bursary is now open, the deadline to apply is June 15, 2018. Please make sure you have all the information you require before you complete the application as you cannot make changes once it is submitted. For instructions on how to apply for this bursary please see the "How to Apply" section below.
Indigenous Student Bursary
The Indigenous Student Bursary provides aid to Indigenous students with financial need who are attending either:
- publicly–assisted colleges and universities in Ontario
- an approved Aboriginal institute in Ontario
- The amount of bursary available varies and can range from $1,000 to $3,500. The actual amount awarded is determined by your school. Contact your school's financial aid office for details.
Eligibility: You may be eligible for this bursary if meet the following requirements:
- You're attending a publicly-assisted college or university in Ontario or an approved Aboriginal institute in Ontario.
- You're in an approved postsecondary academic program (e.g. degree and diploma programs) or training program (e.g. apprenticeships).
- You self-identify as being an Aboriginal person (see definition, below) and/or you self-identify with a First Nations, Inuit or Metis cultural or ancestral background.
- You meet citizenship and Ontario residency requirements as outlined on the OSAP Application for Full-Time Students.
- You have demonstrated financial need based on the criteria as set out by your school.
- Your school may have additional eligibility requirements in addition to those listed above. For example, some schools require that you be in full-time studies. Contact your school's financial aid office for complete details.
- You don't have to apply for either OSAP for Full-Time Students or OSAP for Part-Time Students to be considered for this bursary.
- An Aboriginal person in Canada, as recognized in the Constitution Act, 1982, is a person who identifies with First Nations (Status/Non-Status), Métis, or Inuit cultural and/or ancestral background.
How to Apply:
- Download the Indigenous Student Bursary Application and return it to the financial aid office at your campus by May 15, 2018. If you have already applied for this award in the Fall 2017 or Winter 2018 term your application will not be considered.
How to Apply
For all awards
- Go to my.senecacollege.ca (log in required)
- Go to College Services, click on Student Centre (log in required)
- Go to Finances, Click on Apply for Financial Aid
- Select Academic Year: 2017
- Fill out all required information
- Select terms of study (FALL and/or WINTER and/or SUMMER) complete the budget.
- Click Submit – Please note once you click submit you cannot make changes. Please ensure you have your budget information before you start this section.
- Select awards from the list of Eligible Awards
- A number of questions will appear, these are linked to the awards you have selected. If the question is not applicable to you please type N/A or unselect the award. There is a 500 character limit (not word limit) on the questions. You can copy the questions and come back to the application when you are ready, as long as it is before the application deadline. If you wish you can write the answers in a word document then copy and paste them onto the application. This will help ensure you have the right number of characters and will enable you to check your grammar and spelling.
- Click Submit when you have answered all the questions. Please note once you click submit you cannot make any changes.
- Track the status of your application under the View My Student Awards (link is found below Apply for Financial Aid)