Work Study Plan Application Form
Work Study is a need-based program that applies to students (Domestic and International) in full-time attendance at Seneca, who are in good academic standing. Students are encouraged to find their own job opportunities by dropping off their resumes to different departments in the College. Once a job opportunity has been secured go on line and fill out an application. Please note that incomplete applications will be denied. The processing time for all applications is two weeks from the date that the application is submitted. Processing for all applications will begin after day 10 of the semester.
If you're a student please take a moment to read the following instructions:
- Visit different departments to determine whether they are hiring work study students.
- Submit a resume to the departments that offer positions that interest you!
- Once you are hired, complete and submit an application online following the steps below. This application is for work study, scholarships, awards and bursaries.
- Go to my senecacollege.ca (log in required)
- Go to College Services, click on Student Center (log in required)
- Go to Finances, Click on Apply for Financial Aid
- Select Academic Year
- Fill out required information
- Select terms of study (FALL +/OR WINTER +/OR SUMMER)
- Click Submit
- Select all awards, including Work Study Prgm Eligible, from the list of Eligible Awards. The Work Study Prgrm Eligible will appear under the list of Eligible Awards. You are required to click this off for each term that you will be a work study student. The Work Sudy Prgm Eligible will appear at least 3 weeks before each term begins.
- Click Submit
- Check to see whether you are approved/denied by logging onto Student Center and clicking View My Student Awards (link is found below Apply for Financial Aid). You should then inform your employer of your eligibility. It will take two weeks from the date you submitted your application for you to see if you have been approved.
If you're an employer please take a moment to read the following instructions:
- Print and complete the Work Student Employer Information Form. Send the completed form to email@example.com. This form must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the end of the term. See below for further details regarding deadlines.
- To check for Work Study eligibility please contact the student. The student can check their eligibility by logging onto Student Center and clicking View My Study Awards. If the status is approved, then the student is approved for work study. It will take at least two weeks from when the student submitted their application to determine if the student is approved for Work Study.
- You are required to email a final list of students who were hired by your department at least two weeks prior to the end of each term. Please use the template provided below. The list should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students and Employers be aware of the deadlines below.
Students: You must submit your application, and click off Work Study Prgm Eligible before the dates listed below. If you do not, you will not be eligible for the Work Study Program.
Employers: You must submit both your Employer Information Form, and the Final List of Work Study Students before the dates listed below. If you do not, your department will not be eligible for the Work Study Program.
- Fall Term deadline: Two weeks before the end of the term.
- Winter Term deadline: Two weeks before the end of the term.
- Summer Term deadline: Two weeks before the end of the term.
For any inquires or questions about the Work Study Program and applications please visit the Financial Aid Office or email the following email email@example.com.