External Funding Opportunities
Seneca College is eligible for to receive funding from a variety of provincial and federal funding agencies, organizations and programs.
To learn more about and explore these opportunities, click the links below. If you are interested in pursuing any of these opportunities, please contact our office so that we can support your application.
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR)
- Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science
- National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC - IRAP)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (STDC)
Internal Funding Opportunities
Seneca College Applied Research Fund (ARF)
The Seneca College Applied Research Fund (ARF), a college-wide, internally funded and administered fund, supports emerging applied research activities across Seneca College. ARF aligns with Seneca's strategic priorities and academic plan, and is designed to strengthen networks among students, faculty, staff and external partners.
Through the ARF, up to $12,000 is available to Seneca College faculty researchers to explore applied research initiatives, in partnership with an industry and/or community partner, which provide experiential learning opportunities for student researchers. All projects must clearly demonstrate the importance of the research to the external partner and value to student researchers.
The ARF is not currently accepting applications. The 2017 Call for Proposals will open in August 2017, with applications due in October 2017.