External Funding Opportunities
Seneca is eligible for to receive funding from a variety of provincial and federal funding agencies, organizations and programs.
To learn more about and explore these opportunities, select the links below. If you are interested in pursuing any of these opportunities, please contact our office so that we can support your application.
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR)
- Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science
- National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC - IRAP)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (STDC)
Internal Funding Opportunities
Seneca Applied Research Fund (ARF)
The Seneca Applied Research Fund is now accepting applications. Deadline for submission to the 2018 competition is 4pm on Friday, October 19th, 2018.
The Seneca Applied Research Fund (ARF), a college-wide, internally funded and administered fund, supports emerging applied research activities at Seneca. ARF aligns with Seneca's strategic priorities and academic plan, and is designed to strengthen networks among students, faculty, staff and external partners.
Through the ARF, up to $12,000 is available to Seneca faculty researchers to explore applied research initiatives, in partnership with an industry and/or community partner, which address a business challenge brought forward by the partner and that provide experiential learning opportunities for student researchers. All projects must clearly demonstrate the importance of the research to the external partner and value to student researchers.
For additional information on the Seneca Applied Research Fund, please contact any member of the Seneca Applied Research Team or our general email at ARIE@senecacollege.ca.
2017/18 Seneca ARF award recipients can be found here.