Accident & Sickness - recommend individual and group accident and sickness insurance products adapted to the client’s needs and situation.
1. Assess the client's needs and situation.
- Determine the client's situation
- Assess the approprietness of the client's existing coverage in regards to his or her situation
- Articulate the client's needs based on the risks that could affect his or her financial situation
2. Analyze the available products that meets the client's needs.
- Analyze the types of contract that meet the client's needs
- Analyse the riders that meet the client's needs
3. Implement a recommendation adapted to the client's needs and situation.
- Consider the impact of underwriting criteria as they apply to the client's situation
- Propose a recommendation adapted on the client's needs and situation
- Confirm the requirements that must be met to implement the recommendation
4. Provide customer service during the validity period of the coverage.
- Validate the appropriateness of contract amendment, renewal and termination application in regards to the client's situation
- Inform the claimant of the claims process
Ethics & Professional Practice - develop an ethical professional practice in compliance with the rules governing the life insurance industry.
1. Integrate into proactice the legal aspects of insurance and annuity contracts.
- Delimit the legal framework governing life insurance
- Characterize the parties involved in the contract
- Contextualize the rules relating to the contract's formation, taking effect, reinstatement and termination
- Explain the main provisions and clauses of an insurance or annuity contract
- Integrate into proactice the rules relating to beneficiary designation and exemption from seizure of benefits
- contextualize the rules relating to claims and the paymetn of benefits
2. Integrate into practice the rules governing the activities of life insurance agents.
- Explain the role of the organzations that protect clients
- Integrate into practice the obligations and responsibilities of life insruance agents