There are several things you need to do before the school year begins including:
- Purchase your supply kit and pay your materials fee at Evolutions Spa, Room D3023, Newnham Campus. We will be open for you to make this purchase on Wednesday, Jan. 6 and Friday, Jan. 8 between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. To avoid the long line-ups that happen during the first week of classes you may also want to purchase your textbooks on this day. (Information regarding books is included with this letter).
- Your first semester supplies kit is $330 plus taxes and the annual materials fee is $75 (no taxes). The kit and materials fee are mandatory and must be paid the week before practical classes begin.
- If you are waiting for OSAP funding please make sure that you have budgeted for these expenses and that you have the funds necessary to make these purchases. OSAP does not always arrive on time but you must have your equipment regardless of OSAP status. Should you have a problem with this please contact me during the first week of classes.
- Evolutions accepts a variety of payment options including: Cash, Visa, MasterCard and Interac which must be in your name and with your signature as validation.
- Write your Skills Assessment Testing prior to the beginning of the school year. If you have not booked this appointment call: 416.491.5050 ext. 26868.
- Complete your medical form. Attached to this letter is a medical form (.pdf) that must be completed by your doctor. Make your appointment to see your doctor today as this form must be completed with a note attached by your doctor, and will be submitted to your professor in the Skin Care I class.
- Acquire Standard First Aid Heart Saver Level A certification. As with the medical documentation, you must give a copy of your certification to your professor in the Skin Care I class. Your certification must be valid for at least 2 to 3 years. If it expires during your time at the college you will be required to become re-certified. This course is offered through a number of public institutions such as the Red Cross, St. John’s Ambulance and your local recreation centre.
Typically the course is 16 hours in length.
The best time to book this certification is as soon as you receive this letter. Taking this course in your local neighborhood will be most convenient for you.
For course locations check the following sites:
- If you have any concerns about your timetable Program Co-ordinator Ana Mariani will be available on Orientation day, Monday, Jan. 11 after your orientation session. Please come to Room D3003 with your questions or concerns, or contact Ana at 416.491.5050 ext. 26209.
Student Academic Advisement Day between 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
January 6 or January 8
Pay Material Fee/Purchase Textbooks & Kit between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Student Orientation Day
Experience Seneca Day
Last day to add subjects
Last day to drop subjects on Student Centre