Event Management - Event and Exhibit Design
Create award-winning events
The Event Management – Event and Exhibit Design program is a one-year Ontario College Graduate Certificate Program that blends business with applied design techniques and detailed product knowledge to give graduates a wide breadth of marketable skills. This graduate program focuses on managing the design process for special events and exhibits; specifically the analysis, planning, budgeting, sourcing, and creation of decor, props and visuals.
Through a wide variety of industry guest speakers, tours, and field trips the students receive introductions to many of the industry’s leading suppliers, wholesalers, design and decor companies, production houses, as well as full behind-the-scene tours of the top venues and event locations in the Toronto area. You will get unprecedented access to the top venues, retailers, wholesalers, supplier markets, etc. that the general public never gets to see.
Are you a person who…
- has a strong personal, professional, passionate interest in design?
- is extremely detail oriented?
- has a strong creative sense and great imagination?
- can visualize a written concept or verbal idea and turn into a functioning reality?
- is seriously motivated?
- can see beyond the glamour, be willing to get dirty and work behind the scenes to create the perfect environment and ultimate guest experience?
- is meticulous in administration and management?
- is a great communicator?
- is good at interacting with others and a team player?
If you answered "YES" to these questions, this program just may be for you!
Program length and course structure
Event Management – Event and Exhibit Design is only offered as a full-time program from May to December. Classes are schedule Monday to Friday anywhere from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Applicants should understand that due to the hands-on nature of this program, students will be asked to work at events that happen on evenings and weekends - the same hours a professional planner works.
Ellen, the Executive Director of Polo for Heart, is a graduate of Event Management - Event and Exhibit Design.
Working on real events
Working with industry professionals
What you’ll learn
Tradeshows and exhibit design;
Design and creative concepts
Visual aspects of event production