Seneca College - #SenecaProud Contest
This contest, which is sponsored by Seneca College begins on Feb 1, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. and closes on January 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Entering the contest is free.
Entries must be received between the first and last day of every month, starting on February 1, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. and ending on Feb 29, 2016 at 11:59 p.m., and continuing on a monthly basis for the periods of March 1, 2016 to March 31, 2016; April 1, 2016 to April 30, 2016; May 1, 2016 to May 31, 2016; June 1, 2016 to June 30, 2016; July 1, 2016 to July 31, 2016; August 1, 2016 to August 31, 2016; September 1, 2016 to September 30, 2016; October 1, 2016 to October 31, 2016; November 1, 2016 to November 30, 2016; December 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016; and January 1, 2017 to January 31, 2017, between the hours of 12:01 a.m. on the first day of the month and ending at 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the month.
Seneca College will not be responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, untagged, incomplete or misdirected. For information on events, programs and college details visit: www.senecacollege.ca.
Entrants must have a valid Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account.
- If an entrant does not have an account, visit www.twitter.com or www.instagram.com or www.facebook.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free account.
- Entrants must share a message in English via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook that includes the hashtag #SenecaProud. Messages can be in the form of text, image, photo, meme, video or multimedia content and must conform to Twitter’s 140 character limitation including hashtag and URL links.
- Entrants must post their message to the entrant’s own Twitter or Instagram account, or Facebook page with the following hashtag: #SenecaProud (the “Hashtag”).
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
Contest is open only to entrants 13 years of age or over at the time of entry. Contestants must be a Canadian resident in their province or territory of residence to enter, excluding Quebec. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules and all decisions of Seneca College, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. To win, entrants must have received an offer of admission to a full-time program from Seneca on or before January 31, 2017.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be legally bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretation of these Official Rules by the Sponsor and further warrants and represents that the Entry that he/she submits:
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the entry and image, photo, meme, video or multimedia content to enter the Contest;
- confirms that the image, photo, meme, video or multimedia content is of the entrant or was taken by the entrant of the Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook account used to submit the Entry. If the image, photo, meme, video or multimedia content contains other individuals, prior to posting to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, the entrant confirms that he/she has received consent from each of his/her friends who appear in the image, photo, meme, video or multimedia content to post to the entrant's Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account and he/she has advised his/her friends that the photo will be available for public viewing;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor; conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
Draws will be conducted on the first business day of the month and on a monthly basis beginning on March 1, 2016 and continuing through April 1, 2016; May 2, 2016; June 1, 2016; July 1, 2016; August 1, 2016; September 1, 2016; October 3, 2016; November 1, 2016; December 1, 2016; January, 2, 2017, until February 1, 2017. Entries will be captured throughout each calendar month and prize will be awarded from the entries submitted during the month prior. Entrants can enter the draw multiple times during the contest period but they may only win once. The selected winner will be contacted by social media message through Twitter, Instagram or Facebook at the handle or username set out on the entry. The monthly winner’s name will also be available online at www.senecacolelge.ca/startatseneca. Selected entrant will be required to successfully answer a time-limited, unaided, mathematical-based skill testing question prior to prize being awarded.
One prize will be awarded each month with approximate retail value of $200 CAD.
- Approximate Retail Value of the Prize is $200 CAD
including a $100 MasterCard Gift Card and $100 in Seneca merchandise.
Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. Seneca College reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value if necessary for any reason. No response from social media notification after 3 attempts, or return of message notification as undeliverable after 3 attempts, or pick up of prize that is unclaimed after 4 weeks will be determined as an unclaimed prize and will result in forfeit of prize.
Prizes can be claimed upon winner being notified of winning prize. Seneca College is not responsible for prize lost or damaged in the mail.
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Awarding of prize is subject to verification of winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or determination by Seneca College that the selected entrant is ineligible will result in disqualification. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Seneca College to use winner's name and area of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting his/her prize, winner agrees to hold harmless Seneca College and its respective affiliates, governors, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and assigns against any and all claims and liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) arising out of use of prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Seneca College.
If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Seneca College which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Seneca College reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the electronic portion of the Contest and to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to (or after, if applicable) action taken by Seneca College. Seneca College reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest (including, but not limited to, any non-human mechanism, entity) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unfair or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible to win.
Winners List and Official Rules
The monthly winner’s name will be available seven (7) business days after the closing of each month’s contest entries. To receive a copy of the monthly winner’s name, please send your request in writing with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Seneca College - Markham Campus, 8 The Seneca Way, Markham, ON L3R 5Y1, Attention: Marketing and Communications. All requests must be received no earlier than the 7th of the month following the contest month entry.
Use of Content and Images
By entering, Contest Entrant(s) agree to provide consent to Seneca College to use their message, text, image(s), photo(s), meme(s), video(s) or multimedia content for promotional purposes on the social networks, Seneca’s website, digital display screens, in email or printed communications. All winning entrant message(s), text(s), image(s), photo(s), meme(s), video(s) or multimedia content will become the property of Seneca College.