SenecaWorks is a job posting web site exclusively for Seneca students and recent grads to access on-campus, part-time, summer and full-time job openings.
Quick tips on searching for jobs online:
- Look at all jobs that interest you – sometimes similar jobs may have different job titles for the position, so read the description first before you make a decision to apply.
- Read the job posting carefully to make sure you understand the requirements.
- The City of Toronto has produced a handy guide on how to prepare a scannable resume.
- Susan Ireland has great tips on making an e-resume.
Quick tips on submitting an application online:
- Submit your application using only the method specified by the employer.
- Include a cover letter even if the employer has not asked for one. An exception would be if the employer specifically asks you not to include a cover letter.
- Use a professional email address. Check your “sender name” in your email options to make sure it displays your full name.
- Always type in the job title and reference number in the subject line of your email.
- Do not use slang or shortcuts in your email body.
Career Development can help you develop a cover letter and resume.