Workshops and Services
We run the following workshops to help your search for employment. Each workshop includes time for questions and answers. Workshop dates are posted on the calendars.
- Resumé 101 – Learn the basics of resume writing and how to highlight your skills into a high impact way that will get you that interview. After you have attended the Resumé 101 workshop, come to our Resumé Critique Clinic.
- Cover Letters – As important as the resume, the cover letter highlights your unique skills and links your interests to a specific job opportunity. This workshop will teach you the 4-paragraph solution in detail and help you to present yourself in a more original and enticing way.
- Networking and the Hidden Job Market – Only 20% of available jobs are advertised. This workshop teaches you where you can look to find those ‘hidden’ jobs and how to develop your networking skills to increase your chances of finding the job you want.
- Interviewing Skills – From the ‘what to do’ before, during and after the interview to how you can approach the questions you fear the most, this workshop will teach you key information on how to handle interviews successfully.
- Internet Job Search & e-Resumés – Companies worldwide are replacing old processes with Internet-based recruiting systems. If you’re not familiar with plain text resumés, keywords and e-recruitment, then this is for you.
- Finding a Job Using Social Media – Discover how social media and personal branding can help you find a job. Learn how tools such as Twitter and LinkedIn can help you get noticed and connect with potential employers.
Drop-In Resumé Critique Clinic
Take 15 minutes to see if your resume passes the 30-second test at our Drop-In Resumé Critique Clinics.
No appointment necessary!
King Campus, GH2100
Tuesday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Markham Campus, Room 180
Friday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Newnham Campus, Inside Room D2000
Monday through Friday
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Seneca@York Campus, Room S1161
Thursday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Friday 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
**Note: Resumé Critique Clinics are great for a quick resume check-up, but they are not designed to teach you how to write an effective resume. If you have not completed Career Planning or WIL Preparation classes, please attend a free Resumé Writing Workshop before attending the Drop-in Resumé Critique Clinics.
Workshops at your Campus
King, Main Lobby of Garriock Hall
Markham, Room 180
Newnham, Room D2000
Please remember to Login to Lynda.com before accessing the playlists.
Go Job Hunting playlist covers everything from resume to networking.