First Generation Students
Proud to be First Gen
Who is a First Generation Student?
A student who is the first in their family (not including a brother or sister) to attend a post-secondary institute such as a college, university, or apprenticeship program either in Canada or in another country.
What's College Like?
Watch these audio slideshows & hear from other first generation students.
- We work in partnership with other services at Seneca to provide tutoring, workshops, and other special events and activities to help you meet people, get involved, and have fun! Visit the Learning Centres, the Leadership Program, and SMiLE for more information.
- Workshops and credits through Leadership Program and sponsor special events and activities @ SMiLE. Drop in and let them know you are a First Generation student. This will help us keep this programming going. All of these services can help you meet people, get involved in college, build your resume & have fun!
- Check out these 'Resources and Quick links' and our YouTube channel for success tips, college culture, college services and fun facts.
- Visit I’m First, an online community celebrating first generation college students. Be inspired by stories from first generation college students and graduates.
- The Ontario First Generation Student Bursary Application is now open. You can find it on the My.Seneca homepage under "Financial Aid News". The link is called "Ontario First Generation Bursary". The deadline for applying is Wednesday, November 30, 2016.
- Want to be informed of upcoming activities and contests?
416.491.5050 ext. 33014