Student Services would like to help make the process of finding off-campus housing as easy as possible for you. Through our partnership with Places4Students Inc., we provide a dynamic online collection of numerous housing opportunities. Places4Students provides students, schools, and landlords with the highest quality off-campus housing service. The website provides a large real-time database of student housing vacancies in the area of the school. Also, an abundance of information about available housing, including photos and text, contact information and property features.
For students to post free roommate profile & sublet ads go here.
Landlords register here to post a listing or contact Places4Students toll free at 1-866-766-0767
Beginning Your Search
Important to read and understand Disclaimer.
The following suggestions might be helpful to you:
- We advise our students that accommodation obtained in a private home is different from that in a self-contained apartment, and that householders may therefore set special conditions (smoking, visitors etc.) that they enforce within their own family situations.
- The student and householder should have a written mutual agreement about telephone privileges, especially with regard to long distance calls.
- If the tenancy or boarding arrangements involve the use of kitchen appliances or other privileges, the conditions for such use (cleanliness, clean-up etc.) should be discussed and understood.
- If the student will likely go home for holidays or reading week; these periods should be discussed in regard to rent reduction etc
Health and Safety
Ontario, like other provinces and territories, has seen an increase in bed bug infestations. Anyone, anywhere can pick up these hitch-hikers during travel, in public places and from second-hand items. The following resources will assist you to identify, prevent and control bed bugs:
Additional information can be found at www.bedbugsinfo.ca. Or contact your local Health Department. Dial 311
Fire Safety - A parent's guide to finding fire-safe accommodation for students attending college or university.
knowfire.ca is a fire safety awareness program for students.
There are a number of resources available for people looking for housing in Toronto. Here are two to get you started:
- Housing Help Centre - Web site that maintains a housing registry to assist individuals in securing affordable accommodation.
- Toronto Star Classifieds - Rental Web page provides information about housing in The Greater Toronto areas.
Seneca College makes absolutely no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise about the fitness, quality or worthiness of the Landlords listed. The List is only a resource for students to obtain names of prospective Landlords. Anyone using the information on the list must carefully scrutinize the prospective Landlord and premises before any commitment is made.
The Seneca Housing web site may contain links to other sites. If you visit any linked site, it is your responsibility to take measures to protect against viruses and other destructive elements.
Seneca College is not responsible for the contents of any such linked page or any other page not under its control, and does not endorse any linked web sites, the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described.
- Landlord and Tenant Act
- Landlord and Tenant Information
- Rental Agreements
- Roommate Agreement
- Protect yourself - be informed of rental scams
- Student Storage
The Places4Students app simplifies the process for students to search for off-campus accommodations, roommates or sublets.
Download the mobile app for: