Other Applications for Leadership Awards
Apply for the following awards through the individual award instructions provided. To be considered for any of the following awards, you MUST provide a staff reference from a Seneca employee.
Student Application Due: February 12, 2016 by 4 p.m.
Staff Reference Due: February 19, 2016 by 4 p.m.
Campus Living Centre Inc. Academic Award ($500)
Campus Living Centres Inc. annually presents an award to two registered full-time students; one living in the Newnham campus residence and one living in the King campus residence. The recipients must maintain a C+ (65%) or better average and be able to demonstrate his or her contribution to student life at the college through direct involvement in at least two of the following areas:
- Social activities organized through recognized student bodies such as student governments, clubs and formalized residence groups;
- Sporting activities, such as intramurals, varsity athletics, and residence organized events;
- Academic and educational activities such as tutoring, organized study groups, educational campaigns, and fundraising initiatives.
Students employed by Campus Living Centres are not eligible for this award.
Students can obtain applications for this award from the front desk of either residence (King or Newnham).
Larry DeFlorio Leadership Award ($1000)
This award has been established in honour and memory of Larry DeFlorio, Seneca’s Distinguished Alumni Award recipient, Ontario Premier’s Award nominee, former faculty and Coordinator of the Animation Arts Center (AAC), as a tribute to his vision, leadership, and contribution to Seneca life, students and alumni.
Criteria for the award are detailed below:
- Student enrolled in their final year (or semester) of studies, in any diploma or certificate programs of the Animation Arts Centre (School of Creative Arts and Animation) – ANI, DAN, GAA and VFT
- Outstanding academic performance (minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0)
- Demonstrated leadership, compassion, personal integrity and generosity
- Academic curiosity and intellectual passion
- Contribution to others and to the community
- Involvement in student life (e.g. peer tutoring, organized study groups, educational and fundraising initiatives, sports, student government, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to balance personal responsibilities and school involvement, and overcoming adversity
In order to be considered eligible for this award, please ensure that both your application and your reference form are received by:
Linda Thomson, Student Services Coordinator
Student Services, Seneca @ York, Room: S1161
(416) 491-5050 ext. 33014
SMILE Mentoring Program Leadership Award ($500)
Two awards to be presented annually to a SMILE mentor. Applicants must have:
- Served as a SMILE mentor for two or more semesters (including the current semester)
- Demonstrated leadership and contribution toward the enhancement of student life at Seneca College
- Community involvement/volunteer work outside of the College
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Candidates must apply for this award and provide a letter of reference from a full time faculty or staff member of Seneca College. Your letter of reference cannot be a SMILE staff member. SMILE Mentors may obtain application forms for this award from one of the SMILE office locations. Applications are to be submitted directly to a SMILE office by February 12, 2016.
A selection committee will review the candidates’ applications and candidates may be interviewed by the committee.
For more information and an application form, please contact SMILE directly by emailing email@example.com. Campus specific contact information can be found at www.senecacollege.ca/smile.
The Barb Morel Humanitarian Bursary
ACL and Associates commit to an Annual Bursary to the student who best exemplifies a 'true humanitarian' in all aspects of school and personal life. Students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. cumulative
- Full - Time Daytime Student
- Candidates must apply for this award and provide a reference name and number