Thorough preparation is one key to successful test taking: Develop a study calendar two weeks prior to exam
Set aside sufficient time on your calendar to complete the following steps:
- Gather information regarding exam and confirm when, how long, what will and will not be covered, typed of questions and exam format.
- Gather notes, handouts, on-line notes and materials. Update as necessary. Request past exams from professor (if available).
- Develop a plan of attack. Prioritize and divide content into manageable chunks.
- Review notes, text and handouts. Highlight essential information to be remembered.
- Re-write essential information on note cards and review.
- Clarify any outstanding questions you may have, with the professor.
- Think of possible exam questions and try to answer them.
- Complete ‘practice tests’ or questions provided by the professor.
- Review essential information and note cards, again.