Upon successful completion of the course, the learner is able to:
- describe, identify and apply basic principles in ESL/EFL teaching and learning.
- identify and accommodate factors that affect planning and facilitating effective language acquisition lessons for adult learners.
- write effective communicative lesson plans, with clear, achievable outcomes that integrate different language skills and demonstrate adequate understanding of the planning, evaluation, and revision process of lesson planning.
- deliver interactive lessons that meet the needs of learners and achieve targeted outcomes in a specific context with some guidance.
- reflect on their own teaching to identify strengths and weaknesses and initiate adjustments needed for improvement.