To ensure students’ access to essential course materials, grades, resources and other relevant information.
This policy applies to all full-time and contract employees teaching courses, facilitating labs, and/or facilitating field/clinical placements. It includes all courses offered by Seneca.
Consistent with the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Seneca-branded version of Blackboard, a learning management system.
Students benefit from a consistent approach in the use of My.Seneca. To support this, employees will complete the following for each course section:
- Post the approved course outline and accessible versions of the addendum and/or proposed schedule and weighted evaluation breakdown
- Set up the Grade Centre to reflect the weighted evaluation breakdown and make grades available to students
- Post their contact information, including preferred method of communication
- Make the course available to students in My.Seneca
- Use the announcement tool to post a welcome announcement and ongoing course updates
- Review with students their My.Seneca course, its contents and the expectations for student-use.
The above should be completed by the first day of the course where applicable.