It is the policy of Seneca College to attract, recruit, select and promote the most qualified people to achieve its strategic objectives and to increase its reputation as an employer of choice. In its attraction, recruitment, selection and promotion processes, Seneca ensures that it reflects the core values of excellence, innovation, community and diversity.
Seneca will recruit and retain a diverse faculty, administrative and support staff complement that is reflective of society. The College will ensure that diversity is respected and enmeshed into all Human Resources policies, systems and processes.
Seneca believes in equal opportunity in employment practices and is committed to the principles of the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Recruitment and Selection Guidelines
Seneca’s recruitment and selection procedures will:
- Ensure equal access and equal opportunity through the uniform and transparent application of attraction, recruitment, selection and promotion procedures
- Embrace the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) in all recruitment activities
- Ensure prospective employees requiring accommodation will be assessed based on the essential duties of the job
- Ensure that no individual shall be advantaged in securing employment as a result of nepotism
- Not tolerate any form of discrimination and/or harassment in accessing employment, accommodation, education or services at the College
- Ensure that persons selected will have the qualifications required to provide appropriate academic, administrative and support services to our students and staff
The Office of the Executive Director, Human Resources will be responsible for ensuring that all recruitment and selection processes are implemented in accordance with the College's Strategic Plan, values, legislative requirements, contractual obligations and other relevant processes and policies
Effective date: February 1, 2018
Review date: February 1, 2020
Maintained by: Human Resources