Senecans of Distinction Awards
With a desire to recognize and celebrate those who make significant contributions to Seneca on campus and in the community, The Senecans of Distinction Award was born. Every year we recognize many donors, industry partners, volunteers and community organizations who have been doing outstanding work in support of Seneca's students and mission.
You can play a significant role in helping us identify worthy candidates and their work. If you know of alumni, volunteers, donors or partners, who have excelled in their careers and have made significant social and economic contributions to the Seneca community, we want to know.
Who can nominate
Any member of the Seneca community — friends, alumni, faculty, staff and students.
Who can be nominated
- Alumni who have made contributions to Seneca and its students through career success and maintaining an ongoing connection can be chosen for Alumni category.
- Volunteers, Seneca promoters and philanthropic supporters can be nominated for the Friends category.
- Seneca employees and retirees may be nominated, provided their contributions are above and beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
- Other potential candidates might include program advisory committee members, employers and former Board of Governors members.
- The recipient has an established relationship with Seneca of at least two years and has been an exemplary role model to Seneca students.
- They have not previously received the Distinguished Alumni Award.
How to submit
The nomination cycle is open throughout the year and nominations must be made in writing. Address all correspondence or inquiries to Danielle Latanskiy.