Pregnancy and Parental Leaves
Seneca provides eligible employees with an employment insurance top-up, up to 93 per cent of the employee’s salary for pregnancy and parental leave for up to 52 weeks. The top-up payment may be increased up to 78 weeks for extended leaves.
Employee and Family Assistance Program
Seneca’s Employee and Family Assistance Program provides employees and their families with free 24-7 confidential support services.
Tuition Reimbursement for Children
Seneca offers partial tuition reimbursements for children of full-time Seneca employees. The reimbursement applies to all but $100 of the standard, regulated tuition fee amount after successful completion of the semester.
Daycare facilities with experienced, professional caregivers are located at Newnham and King campuses, with admission priority for Seneca employees.
The CAAT Pension Plan is a secure, modern defined benefit pension plan, giving the average retiree 800% back in pension contributions during their retirement. Highlights include:
- lifetime pension
- matched contributions
- survivor benefits
Learn more at CAAT Pension Plan.
Education and Career Development
Full-time Seneca employees may receive reimbursement of up to 50 per cent of tuition fees for successfully completed transcript courses that are a part of a Seneca-approved certificate, diploma or degree.
Through the Registrar’s Office, Seneca provides full-time employees reduced tuition of $20 per course for all Ministry-funded courses offered through Seneca’s Faculty of Continuing Education and Training (FCET).
Leadership & Employee Development Workshops
Seneca’s LED department offers free learning streams dedicated to professional and personal development, including but not limited to:
- career development
- management foundations
- computer application technology
- communication workshops
Professional Development Leave
Full-time employees with at least six years of service can apply for a Professional Development Leave for up to one year. Salary during the leave starts at 55 per cent, increasing by five per cent per year to a maximum of 80 per cent after 11 years of service.
Vacation and Time Off
Seneca provides generous annual vacation entitlement that exceeds employment standards to support a healthy work-life balance.
- full-time Administrative employees start at 22 days of vacation
- full-time Support Staff employees start at 15 days of vacation
- full-time Faculty employees receive two months of vacation
In addition to the above vacation entitlement, full-time Seneca employees receive full pay during the holiday closure period between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Seneca also provides financial security when full-time employees are ill or injured through Seneca’s short-term disability income replacement plans.
Seneca is dedicated to supporting wellness initiatives to encourage a healthy workplace. Initiatives include:
- free onsite wellness workshops such as Mindfulness and Meditation, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Stress Management in the Moment, Mental Health First Aid, CPR, etc.
- a GoodLife corporate membership rate that offers a discount of up to 45 per cent off a regular all-access membership.
- on-site Fitness Centres at our King, Markham, Newnham and Seneca@York campuses
- walk-in clinic services at the Seneca Medical Centre
Health Benefits and Insurance
Seneca provides employees with comprehensive group benefit coverage through Sun Life Financial that includes:
- life insurance
- critical illness insurance
- dental coverage
- extended health coverage, including vision care, physiotherapy, massage therapy, naturopathic services, travel coverage and much more
Seneca’s comprehensive Retiree Group Benefits Program is optional coverage by Sun Life Financial, offering life insurance, extended health and dental coverage for retirees, their dependents and their survivors.
The Seneca Retiree’s Association:
- promotes continuing contact and dialogue among retired employees
- provides social functions, valuable information and support for all of its members
- helps maintain an on-going and healthy relationship with the existing Seneca community
The Ontario Colleges Retirees’ Association (OCRA) is an advocacy association for retired members of the CAAT Pension Plan. The OCRA prioritizes relationships with organizations, advocating for its members, and regularly communicating with members.
Other Perks and Discounts
Seneca actively supports various charitable organizations across its campuses. Some of the organizations include:
- United Way
- Terry Fox Run
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Habitat for Humanity Toronto
- Humanity First Food Bank
- Native Child and Family Services of Toronto
- Easter Seals Telethon
- Bloor Street Entertains
- Yellow Brick House
- North York Women’s Shelter
- York Region Women’s Shelter
- Daily Food Bank
Home and Auto Insurance
Seneca offers full-time employees competitive group home and auto insurance rates through its partnership with The Personal Insurance Company.
Discounted Cell Phone Plans
Seneca employees have access to an Employee Purchase Program for discounted personal mobile plans.
Seneca employees can join Zipcar for a discounted annual fee of $25 and receive discounts on car rental rates.
The information is provided by the Human Resources Department of Seneca. Please note that the information provided primarily applies to full-time Seneca employees, and benefits may differ according to employee group and status. Actual benefits and amounts may vary from those shown on this page. This web page does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of employee benefits.