International Admissions FAQs
During the January 2021 term, Seneca programs will be delivered in a hybrid format. Many of our academic programs will be online, and courses that include labs and hands-on learning activities will be delivered on campus.
Courses delivered on campus will be scheduled with appropriate physical distancing measures and protective equipment, as required. Students with on-campus learning activities will be contacted by their program areas with information about scheduling and preparing to come to campus.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada announced that international students whose courses will be online due to COVID-19 can study from outside of Canada without Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) eligibility being affected. Specifically:
- Students may now study from abroad until April 30, 2021 with no time deducted from the length of a future PWGP as long as 50 per cent of their program is eventually completed in Canada
- those in academic programs between eight months (starting in May 2020 or September 2020) and 12 months (starting in May 2020) can complete their entire program online from abroad and still be eligible for the PWGP program
- students enrolled in a program that starts between May and September 2020, who study online up to April 30, 2021, and who graduate from more than one eligible program of study, may be able to combine the length of their programs of study when applying for a PWGP in the future -- as long as 50 per cent of their total studies are completed in Canada.
- if part of the term is completed in Canada and part online while abroad, the term will be considered as completed in Canada by the IRCC.
To be eligible for these measures, students must have submitted a study permit application before starting a program of study in the spring, summer, or fall 2020 terms or the January 2021 term. All students must eventually be approved for a study permit.
To ensure you are fully equipped to learn online from your home country, please be sure you have the technology needed to engage in virtual class sessions and complete assignments and presentations online. This includes ensuring you have the required hardware, software, mobile devices and mobile apps. Learn more about technical requirements for online learning.
For questions related to visas and permits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IRCC is temporarily allowing of online study from abroad to counts towards time for PGWP eligibility.
You are eligible for a post-graduation work permit if you are unable or prevented from travelling to Canada at this time due to travel restrictions and:
- you applied for a study permit before starting your study program in the spring, summer or fall 2020 semesters, or
- you will apply for a study permit before starting your program in the Winter 2021 term
- you have a study permit, or
- you have been approved for a study permit.
If you meet the above criteria, you can begin your classes while outside Canada and complete up to 50 per cent of your program online (until April 30, 2021), provided you finish the remaining 50 per cent of your program in Canada.
You can complete 100 per cent of your program online abroad if your program is between eight and 12 months in length, and you started your studies in the spring 2020 term (for eight- or twelve-month programs) or the Fall 2020 term (for eight-month programs).
As well, you can complete up to 50 per cent of your studies online (until April 30, 2021) if:
- you will graduate from two different PGWP-eligible programs within two years of each other
- one of the programs started between May and September 2020
- each program is at least eight months long, and
- you complete at least 50 per cent of the combined length of the programs in Canada.
If part of the term is completed in Canada and part online while abroad, the term will be considered as completed in Canada by the IRCC.
Yes, Seneca is still accepting applications. Apply online through the International Student Web Application portal located on the “How to Apply” page.
Review program availability for international students. To view January programs, select the tab labelled “2020-2021” located at the top of the chart.
It is recommended that you apply as soon as you can, as spaces fill up quickly.
Review program availability for international students. To view May programs, select the tab labelled “2020-2021” located at the top of the chart.
It is recommended that you apply as soon as you can as spaces fill up quickly.
Seneca offers admission to students up to the first day of classes. However, applications will not be accepted once a program becomes full. Therefore, it is recommended that you apply soon.
Please scan all documents and email them to email@example.com. Be sure to include your Seneca ID number or application number on all correspondence to avoid any delays in processing your application.
Seneca accepts several English proficiency tests. Some of these are offered online and include at-home options including TOEFL iBT and Duolingo. Applicants from some English-speaking countries are exempt from submitting English Language Proficiency test scores. View the complete list of exempt countries (PDF).
Please also review English proficiency requirements.
To apply to Seneca's English Language Institute, you do not require IELTS or other Seneca recognized English tests.