$500 OneCard Credit
SIA students may be eligible for a credit to their OneCard that can be used to purchase a number of goods and services on campus.
This credit is available to SIA’s first-year, incoming students who meet the following criteria:
- enrolment in a SIA program commencing September 2020, including:
- ELI at SIA (Levels 1 through 8)
- ELI Short Level 8 (beginning in November 2020)
- tuition and fees billed to student accounts must be paid in full by Sept. 8, 2020 · Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Individual Tax Number (ITN) entered on Student Centre by selecting “SIN/ITN Information” under the “Personal Information” heading
Students who meet the above criteria will automatically receive a $500 credit to their OneCard by Sept. 30, 2020.
Social Insurance Number (SIN)
This is a nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits. You can obtain a SIN many ways, including:
- visiting a Service Canada booth upon arrival to a Canadian airport
- visiting a local Service Canada office
- dropping by the Service Canada booth at SIA during orientation
Individual Tax Number (ITN)
This is a nine-digit number issued to non-residents who need an identification number for income tax purposes but are not eligible to obtain a SIN.
The $500 OneCard credit is a bursary and is considered part of your taxable income.
T2202 tax receipts can be found via the Student Centre under the Finances section. Choose the applicable tax year and follow the prompts to print copies of the official T2202 receipt.